- Course description:
Latest programme update
The course will examine in detail recent important developments in MCA/DoLs and the Court of Protection
This will be updated as developments occur
• A MASTERCLASS – a session of tuition by an expert for exceptional students
• Focus on our ability to better understand the MCA
• Especially with the help of Court of Protection judges
• If gives us the opportunity to focus on fewer issues in greater depth
• As an example the previous Programme included
–Deception in the name of best interests
–Latest on ‘Can parents with PR authorise a DoL?’
–Fine line between assertive case management and apparent bias
–Who enforces DoLs conditions and how frequently?
–Cutting the body in half – competing children all want P
–The tricky business of fluctuating capacity
–Important Munby guidance on court reconsideration COPR 13.4
Click here to print our application form (opens in new window)
- Venue: PELT, Hoylake, Merseyside CH47 2AE
- Date of course: Monday, June 17th, 2019
- Begins: 10 am (Lunch 30 mins)
- Ends: 3.30pm
- Cost of course: £125 + VAT
- Price includes: Price includes refreshments and training materials but NOT lunch.
- Terms & conditions: Substitutes welcome. No transfers or cancellations within 14 days. Prior to this 20% administration charge. PELT right to cancel course. Accreditation. For solicitors (5∙00 hours - SRA). For psychiatrists (5 CPD points - Royal College of Psychiatrists) as part of a Personal Development Plan (subject to peer group approval).