- Course description:
This new course is designed to equip new or less experienced MHAAs with the tools to do the their job effectively. It will assume little or no knowledge of the MHA.
The MHA Code tells us that the key duties of MHAAs are:
•Day to day administration of the MHA
•Receipt, scrutiny and rectification of documents to ensure they are legally correct and valid.
•Ensuring that Section expiry dates are dealt with within statutory timeframes.
•Co-ordinating hospital manager reviews and mental health tribunals.
•Ensuring that all detained service users are aware of their rights and that this is recorded.
•Giving advice to staff and service users when required
Why is the role of the MHAA important
•It provides a frame work for compliance with MHA by identifying and challenging any errors.
•vital role in safeguarding the legal requirements of Act.
Click here to print our application form (opens in new window)
- Venue: Hoylake Merseyside CH47 2AE
- Date of course: Tuesday, February 12th, 2019
- Begins: 10am
- Ends: 15.30
- Cost of course: £125 + VAT
- Price includes: Price includes refreshments and training materials but NOT lunch.
- Terms & conditions: Lunch not included. Substitutes welcome. No transfers or cancellations within 14 days. Prior to this 20% administration charge. PELT right to cancel course.