- Course description:
This course is designed to equip new or less experienced MHAAs with the tools to do the their job effectively. It will assume little or no knowledge of the MHA.
•It is designed to equip MHAAs with the necessary evidence based skills to fulfil their statutory and non statutory duties as MHAAs on behalf of hospital managers
•The basis of the statutory duties (MHA, Code, and Reference Guide)
•Your relationship with hospital managers
•A basic guide to the MHA (including sections)
•Assisting with managers appeals
•MHAA role in Part 4 (Consent to treatment)
•MHAA role in authorising deprivation of liberty under MCA rather than MHA
•MHAA and keeping the tribunal happy (reports, capacity issues)
•Managers duties under DVCVA
Why is the role of the MHAA important
•It provides a frame work for compliance with MHA by identifying and challenging any errors.
•Vital role in safeguarding the legal requirements of Act.
Comments from previous delegates
Explained everything in a way that someone with no prior knowledge could understand. I learnt a great deal
I could listen to Peter all day. Very informative. Great tutor
Great teacher in mental health law
Click here to print our application form (opens in new window)
- Venue: Hoylake Merseyside CH47 2AE
- Date of course: Tuesday, September 22nd, 2020
- Begins: 10am
- Ends: 15.30
- Cost of course: £125 + VAT
- Price includes: Price includes refreshments and training materials but NOT lunch.
- Terms & conditions: Lunch not included. Substitutes welcome. No transfers or cancellations within 14 days. Prior to this 20% administration charge. PELT right to cancel course.