- Course description:
This course Is designed to equip you with the necessary evidence based skills to fulfil your statutory and non statutory duties as MHAAs on behalf of hospital managers
The course will include an update on recent legal developments which impact on the role of the MHAA
•A reflection on the extent of your responsibilities
•The basis of the statutory duties (MHA, Code, and Reference Guide)
•Your relationship with hospital managers
•Where do nearest relatives fit in?
•What are the MHAA responsibilities where DoLs applied for?
•Update on Supreme Court decisions of PJ and MM (DoL in conditional discharge and CTOs)
•The implication of the Staffordshire case in managers appeals
•MHAA role in Part 4 (Consent to treatment)
•MHAA and keeping the tribunal happy (reports, capacity issues)
•Recent case on reinstatement (JS v SLAM NHS Foundation Trust)
•Victims – Managers responsibilities and MOJ consultation on victims
Click here to print our application form (opens in new window)
- Venue: Hoylake Merseyside CH47 2AE
- Date of course: Thursday, September 24th, 2020
- Begins: 10am
- Ends: 15.30
- Cost of course: £125 + VAT
- Price includes: Price includes refreshments and training materials but NOT lunch.
- Terms & conditions: Lunch not included. Substitutes welcome. No transfers or cancellations within 14 days. Prior to this 20% administration charge. PELT right to cancel course.