- Course description:
This course is designed for those who want to keep up to date with the Mental Health Act and Tribunals
• A MASTERCLASS – “a session of tuition by an expert for exceptional students”
• Focus on our ability to better understand the MHA
• If gives us the opportunity to examine fewer issues in greater depth
As an example, the previous programme included:
• Avoiding dysfunctional MHA decision making as pressure of lack of resources grows
• The challenges faced by AMHPs and impact on legal process (including CQC report)
• Trying to untangle the mess created by Re PJ and MM (Pending Supreme Court)
– CTO authorising DoL – is there an upside?
– Restricted patients detained for life just because they have capacity
• Update on the impact of the Policing and Crime Act (+regulations) on s.135 and s.136
• Tribunal update and proposals for change to preliminary examination and hearings on papers
• Clarity on which act to use (MHA or MCA) if detained in hospital for treatment
• Update on MoJ Delays in restricted decision making
Click here to print our application form (opens in new window)
- Venue: PELT, Hoylake, Merseyside CH47 2AE
- Date of course: Tuesday, May 14th, 2019
- Begins: 10am (30 mins for lunch)
- Ends: 3.30 pm
- Cost of course: £125 + VAT
- Price includes: Price includes refreshments and training materials but NOT lunch.
- Terms & conditions: Lunch not included. Substitutes welcome. No transfers or cancellations within 14 days. Prior to this 20% administration charge. PELT right to cancel course. Accreditation. For solicitors (5∙25 hours - SRA) For psychiatrists (5 CPD points - Royal College of Psychiatrists) as part of a Personal Development Plan (subject to peer group approval).