- Course description:
Using the MCA 16/17 and how does this relate to parental responsibility
DoLs start at 18. MCA 16. MHA no minimum age for detention.
How to lawfully deprive a child or young person of their liberty requires great care.
What is a DoL and where does parental responsibility fit? Recent case law.
The course will look at the complex inter relationship between the MCA, MHA and Children’s legislation
When should a child or young person be sectioned?
What alternatives are there?
Where does s.25 Children Act (secure accommodation) fit in?
Comments from previous course:
“So very helpful”
“Very useful focussed overview on the complex area of legislation around detaining C & YP”
“Really helpful to get things clearer in my mind”
“Excellent course. Given me a lot to take away and look into”
Click here to print our application form (opens in new window)
- Venue: PELT, Hoylake, Merseyside CH47 2AE
- Date of course: Thursday, May 9th, 2019
- Begins: 10 am (lunch 30 mins)
- Ends: 3.30pm
- Cost of course: £125 + VAT
- Price includes: Price includes refreshments and training materials but NOT lunch.
- Terms & conditions: Substitutes welcome. No transfers or cancellations within 14 days. Prior to this 20% administration charge. PELT right to cancel course. Accreditation. For solicitors (5∙00 hours - SRA). For psychiatrists (5 CPD points - Royal College of Psychiatrists) as part of a Personal Development Plan (subject to peer group approval).